Friday 3 August 2012

The Reason Why I First Traveled



          When the plane landed at Suvarnabhumi Airport, I couldn't explain my excitement. Not because of the beautiful aerial view of Bangkok but because of the Englishman I could see just in front of the exit area. My heart was beating  faster than when I was answering all the questions of immigration officers in Manila.

          Lack of experience, first timer, name it...I made almost everything as a mistake. I didn't read about anything. I had no background review. What I only wanted was to "travel with him", let the devil take tomorrow.

          During day 1… I was so surprised that, NO ONE SPEAKS ENGLISH! Oh, I didn't know it. First thing I saw in his eyes was disappointment. 

         

          


   
           Heading to Bangkok today and loving the moment being with someone. All I wanted to feel was the warmth of his embrace. I forgot about travelling... I was so happy with life. This smile is not merely because I'm in a foreign land, but because I'm with a foreign man.

           Different things around me, pink cabs, sign boards in Thai, the roads were totally different than in Manila, was no big deal for me that time. What interests me more  is looking at him all the time..(hehe). Drawing his attention towards me.




                First train ride to Bangkok. I had really no idea about this first trip. Although I was told to read, but I didn't. Culture shock was the first thing I was struggling with. Second was my emotions. 

                 Although I love outdoor life and adventures but being in other country was totally different. It felt so strange. I was nervous, overwhelmed, my mind was empty absolutely nothing-- which made me so dependent and started acting stupid, asking questions all the time, making mistakes--totally losing control over myself.  Should I realize before I knew it- I was a pain in the *ss.

              Although at times, I know he got annoyed but there are lots of things I learned from him. I was spoon-fed with the things I need to learn like a father teaching his daughter. And you cannot be happy doing something just to please other people, it comes from within you. And I prefer to take everything with me. Wherever I go.

               He was the reason why I took my first flight. And that reason taught me to travel more miles and another....




              


           




     

No comments:

Post a Comment